The Mission of Community Village Lawrence is to enhance quality of life for the entire community by helping neighbors remain in their homes as they age. We aim to do this by creating a network of supports and services following the Village model to make aging at home a long-term, affordable option.
Community Village Lawrence is a membership-based service with an expanding volunteer network. Any Lawrence resident who wishes to age in their home but feels they may need extra support is invited to join. Become a member or volunteer for Community Village Lawrence and join a strong and growing community. Visit the Membership and Volunteer Opportunities pages for more information.
January 25, 2018
6:00 — 10:00 PM
Arterra Event Gallery
2161 Quail Creek Drive
Lawrence, KS 66047
Community Village Lawrence welcomes you to a meal inspired by San Francisco. Dinner will feature the freshest catch flown in for the event from A. LaRocca Seafood, the city's premier boutique seafood provider. Delicious appetizers and fine wine will enhance your entree.
Enjoy our noted speaker, live auction,
and a silent auction featuring "must have" delights!
This is truly an evening of fun and entertainment to benefit
Community Village Lawrence
as they help Lawrence residents stay in their homes as they age.
Purchase your tickets here!
TICKETS—A Taste of San Francisco
Would you or friend/loved one like assistance
in any of the following areas?
- Preparing for and attending health-related appointments?
- A note-taker to write down what the health professional says during the appointment?
- Transportation to and from the appointment
- From your front door to the chair in the appointment room!
- General support and companionship throughout the entire appointment process?
If you answered yes to any of these, don’t worry:
Help is on the way!
Health Support Volunteers
A New CVL Program
What is a Health Support Volunteer (HSV)?
- An extra set of ears during a health-related appointment
- A note-taker: someone to document the communication between doctor and patient.
- Someone to help you prepare for and attend medical appointments.
HSVs can be by your side during the entire process, from preparing to prescription pickup!
- General support and companionship for the patient - empowering them to be an active participant in their health care.
- Someone to remind you to ask a specific question before the doctor leaves or to clarify confusing terms.
- NOT a medical health professional or medical advocate!
If you would like to be involved in the HSV program development and implementation OR become a future HSV, please contact CVL's AmeriCorps VISTA HSV Program Coordinator (information below).
Are you a Black/African American male living with a chronic illness? Are you over the age of 40? Can you use an extra $20 in your pocket? Do you want to share your story?
Then, check this out! Just 1-2 hours of participating in research - it could be worth your time!
Research volunteers are needed for a qualitative study.
The purpose of this research is to find out how aging Black/African American males with chronic illness cope with their lived experiences. I am looking for volunteers who: are 40 years of age or older; have at least a chronic illness for the past 12 months or more have 1-2 hours available for an interview. Volunteers will receive $20 for their participation, and all identifying information collected will be kept confidential. There is no more risk in participating in this research than you experience in everyday life.
To participate in this research or for more information, please contact:
University of Kansas, Department of Psychology
Check it out
The 2016 Community Village Lawrence Annual Report, here.
We are proud to be a member
of the Village Network. Click on
the image to the right to learn more.
On the Village Movement:
Seniors Hold on to Urban
Independence Into Old Age,
a PBS special on the national